Annual Tech Day at Mike’s Place
Date: Saturday, November 15, 2014
Place: Mike’s Place (Your Miata Headquarters)
112 W. Maricopa Freeway, Phoenix, AZ 85003
(Coming from the East on I-17, exit 7th Street. Drive along the frontage road 1 block and 2 buildings past Central Avenue).
Time: 10 A.M.
Price of Admission: Please bring 2 cans of food (or more if you wish) for the Phoenix area food banks that Mike and Ann support.
Tech Day, an annual event at Mike’s Place (your Miata Headquarters) is heavily anticipated and well attended by Miata owners across the valley and beyond. Miatas of all kinds descend upon Mike’s Place for fun, food and all things technical when it comes to Miatas. Mike and Ann will again be hosting this event that promises to be entertaining as well as informative.
In Addition: Onsite, paintless dent and door ding repair returns! Ed recently had a cooler drop on his aluminum hood! Ryan, ‘The Dent Man’ totally fixed it! AND, he is returning for his third Tech Day appearance to fix all of our dents. Just show up at 10 or so and get your Miata on the sign-up sheet; the first Miata signed up will be the first Miata fixed, and so on (cash or personal checks only, no cards).
On tech days over the past twelve years, here’s just some of what has taken place:
- Mike tore away the mystery of rebuilding a Miata engine from the block up.
- The next year Mike started up the same engine on an engine stand!
- Mike gave hands-on training on how to take care of our tires
- Mike gave us hands-on experience replacing timing belts on multiple Miata engines.
- Mike demonstrated an entire Miata tune-up.
- Mike raised a Miata shell six feet off of its drivetrain
- Mike demonstrated preventive power window regulator maintenance
- Mike demonstrated how to fix a torn Miata top
- Mike taught us everything we need to know about car battery buying and maintenance
And the list could go on.
Please sign up on the Events Page so Mike and Ann know how much food to order. Come hungry and enjoy some Subway, Chips, Soda and Water; and again, please bring that canned food for the Phoenix area food banks.
Click on "Event Blog" below to sign up for this event